Sunday 02/01/2009 - delicious links for the week
Pages that I bookmarked this week:
- Download Office 2003 Service Pack 3.
Boring stuff. For work.
- Interesting conspiracy rantings from one Sapphire.
JFK assassination, Gary Condit, etc etc.
- Questionable Content merchadise.
- Wondermark merchandise.
- An OSHA report from last year regarding a forklift accident and death at Con-way's Manchester, NH facility. Old, but new to me.
- The Buffalo Beast's 50 most loathsome people of 2008. Much is spot on.
- Scienceblog reports on findings that adolescents with less popular names are more likely to do crimes. Huh.
- From the BBC, an East German apartment that seems to have stayed untouched since before 1989.
An architect who renovates buildings in eastern Germany unlocked the door last week and was shocked to find himself in a veritable East German time warp.
It appears the inhabitant of the humble flat fled in a hurry and shrivelled bread rolls still lay in a string bag.
Grocery brands from the Socialist state filled the kitchen.
- Loren Coleman ponders Heath Ledger \ Kim de Gelder synchronicities.
- Finally, from Trucker's Forum, a report on the recent expansion of Con-way's Rockford, IL service center.